19.9.10

On A Walk

On A Walk
On a walk today I came upon a fallen tree
Stretched over an empty brook;
Emily darted and bound, easily making the leap
Struggling to find footing I grasped my thoughts
And found myself back in time, a place with a similar look.

Though I cannot remember or pen the place, or time
It was when a younger man, strode a morning like this;
Panting for air in a swelter of heat, breathing, but youthful
Playing with my friend long since passed, in that land far away
And Sasha, as she was known, is still sorely missed.

Isn’t that odd, remembrance allows us to travel
Both in time and place, through scent, sight and touch;
This traveling gives us rebirth of who we are and how we come
This exercise is not just of body but of mind now, and I struggle to keep it on
For that moment cared deep, and the thought as grand, as the time of such.

The where and when matter not, it’s that feeling of past, of youth and joy
This time is sweeter still, than the youth of ago, and how will I remember this matter;
Savory and youthful? When only the bustle of trees above and birds abound in sound
The tamping of my feet and sweet Emily joyfully looking
my memory-imagined fades but this moment, is filled and sated.

No comments:

Post a Comment