16.9.10

Blue and Green, Green and Blue, a poem

Blue and Green, Green and Blue

I see the colors I like … blue and green
In all the things I love both strong and lean
In the absence of them; I project my desire
And sell out, to the reality that is my fire.

If blue is sad and green is happy
Then let me pick and choose
Those which I like best, and when
My greens and blues

I do not care if it is real or true
So, I see what I wish and make the rest green and blue
Do you know what I mean?
Do you change things to suit you, make them blue and green?

My grandmother told me not to do this
Not to project wishes when the reality is best
Not to see what isn’t there and truly true
But I cannot help myself, I like green and blue.

And perhaps it does not matter what we fake
Or the changes we try to make
What matters is how we treat others and ourselves
Both in or lives and in our cells

And let there be greens and blues
For all the days, within the cues
Which allow us to see and be
As we are, alive and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment