16.9.10

“Dreams are not just for those who sleep”, a thought & theory

“Dreams are not just for those who sleep”
I fell, I think, or tripped over myself today or something someone left on the floor, noticeable and yet out of sight … but now, completely in mind.  I mean, sometimes I go so hard at something that I lose focus on what’s more important. Every do that?  The above reference is about ambitions, desires and dreams … my dreams.   I could say I awoke rather than tripped but it wouldn’t be accurate!   Was I really asleep and dreaming that I was progressing my life, advancing my future, progressing my dreams into realities?  Or was I awake all the while and just not in tune with what is actually more real, more important … more dreamy?
Here is another side.  Try thinking of that which gives you the most pleasure, that which drives you; that which you desire and what you think will make you happy.  Got it in mind?  Okay, now are these things actually apart of your life now?  No?  Are you sure?  Are they small, hidden in your life, somewhere between the rush of that first sip of joe in the morning and the routine that you drudge through each day?  Could it be laundry, the smell of clean sheets, freshly cut grass or the co-worker who never seems to get it?  Yeah, I mean the things that you think are cumbersome, intrusive, lack the luster of a dreamier life could be the dream itself.  A touch, a gentle touch from a good friend when you are down and have not told anyone why. That touch could mean more later on that day or the next than it does at that very moment.  The moment we live can easily escape us, the small parts of our days often are measured by what we achieve and how much we can accomplish.  Not by the very things that could be more important.  I love to question many things and find the answers are usually where I expect them to be … right in my face.  The dream life, whatever it is and wherever you hide it, is usually the life you are awake in, the life you lead each day.  But this is a choice.  You don’t have to go to sleep to dream of something better, something that will make you happier, just look around; these things you desire are there more than likely in another form or presence that you cannot see.
I submit that if someone died or something was lost, it would not be the “thing” itself but what it meant, how it felt, it would be the quirks, the little things that perhaps upset you before that you will miss and remember most … they are the real things, the real us that when we trust someone enough we let show, we let go and we enjoy!  The old expression, cliché, “you never miss something until it is gone” is true.  Our appreciation, taught by the marketing genius’ is NOW, NOW, NOW and I need that car, that house, that job … is this a dream?
Our dreams are our own realities.  Yup, I am saying it, if you want to be happy then be happy!  I have lost a brother and a sister, watched my mother seek comfort in a bottle of pills and completely give up on life, seen friends far too young pass away, lost a fortune and had so many, many bad things happen or witnessed that I cannot recount but I find myself happy and grateful.  When I get out of my own way long enough to realize this I find the tree’s greener, the aromas sweeter and the things I don’t have less important vs. those that I do.  If you are a friend of mine I am grateful for you, if you are not … do you want to be … so you want to live a real dream, share your life with conviction, share your thoughts, hopes and desires, then do and you will find yourself awake in this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment